Thursday 14 March 2013

My Pregnancy at Week 18 ( Mom To Be )

Today, I see the rain through the window...
and my husband not healthy at his office.. but I expect him to accompany me to go to obstetric at afternoon.
Well, my pregnancy now get into 18 week, 150 days to go! O yeah :)
Head to rump, our tiny freak baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces.
I can feel she or he is busy flexing arms and legs - movements that I'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. My belly button stand out and I feel little pains about it but is not problematic at all.
Emm.. my baby's blood vessels are visible trough thin skin, and his or her ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from the head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his or her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after my baby is born.
If we're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If we're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from us during an ultrasound, hehe.

About my body
HUNGRY? Yes I started always hungry. A bigger appetite is pretty common about now.
My cardiovascular system is undergoing dramatic changes, and during this trimester my blood pressure will probably be lower than usual. Don't spring up too fast from a lying or sitting position or you might feel a little dizzy.
from now on, when I do lie down, it's best to lie on my side - or at least partly titled to one side. When I lie flat on my back, my uterus can compress a major vein, leading to reduced blood return to my heart. So I try placing a pillow behind or under my hip or upper leg for comfort.

About my husband
He began to talk frequently with our baby, really fun moment for us. And he kiss my belly everday :-)

This week activity
I'm not look yet into childbirth classes.

My health
This week I had the flu and cough :( and has not been recovered until now. I also experience vaginal discharge. Hopefully get well soon.
My hubby bought me vitamins from wellness and bee pollen for my prenatal vitamin. Oh and do not forget moisturize my belly.

I hope today, we've been able to find out the sex of our child. Amin :)


Love,

Sarah

0 comments:

Post a Comment